Traveling to Parris Island Marine Corps Recruit Depot
Driving from the north
- Take I-95 until you reach South Carolina
Exit 33. This will take you to Route 17.
- Take it until you reach Route 21 South
- From Route 21 South, you will make a
right turn onto Route 280 shortly after passing Marine Corps Air
- Continue traveling for approximately 6
miles. Route 280 eventually turns into Route 802. You will see a
sign for Parris Island.
- The off-ramp to Parris Island is on the right side of the road and
it will take you to the front gate.
Driving from the south
- Take Exit 8 from I-95, this is US-278 E (going toward Bluffton/Beaufort/Hilton Head Island)
- Turn LEFT onto SC-141. (almost 4 miles)
- Turn LEFT onto SC-170 N/ Okatie Hwy and continue driving on this road for about 10 miles.
- Turn RIGHT onto Savannah Hwy / SC-802.
- Continue to follow SC-802, bearing right. (about 4 miles)
- You will see a sign for Parris Island.
- The off-ramp to Parris Island is on the right
side of the road and it will take you to the front gate.
Parris Island Marine Corps Recruit Depot is served by
2 airports. Travel from the airports is
via four lane divided highway or shuttle service.
- Savannah International Airport is located 45 miles from Parris Island
Marine Corps Recruit Depot, approximately a 1 hour and 10 minute drive.
- Charleston International Airport is located 80 miles from Parris Island
Marine Corps Recruit Depot, approximately a 2 hour and 25 minute drive.
Greyhound Bus provides service to
the Greater Beaufort area. Beaufort borders Parris Island Marine Corps Recruit
The Greyhound Bus station is located at 3659 Trask Parkway, Beaufort, South
Carolina. Save 15% when you book your tickets online.
Amtrak provides train
service to Yemassee, South Carolina. The train station is located at 9 Main Street, Yemassee,
SC 29945. The Amtrak Station is approximately 30 minutes from Parris Island Marine Corps Recruit Depot.
There are a variety of reasons you might want to consider purchasing travel insurance. Travel insurance provides peace of mind and
investment in your trip. Travel insurance is reasonably priced and affordable. There are several companies available from which to purchase travel insurance. Travel insurance is customizable with options to provide coverage if you cancel your trip, need medical assistance during your trip, lost baggage coverage,
roadside assistance, trip interruption, and a variety of other insurable conditions. One of the top travel insurance companies is Travel Guard. Be sure to
check out the reasonable price travel insurance options today by getting a free travel insurance quote from Travel Guard.
Local taxi service from Beaufort is available to all locations at
Parris Island Marine Corps Recruit Depot.